Top Health Benefits of Adjustible Beds
Most Americans do not get enough sleep. While the National Sleep Foundation recommends adults get between seven and nine hours of sleep each night, few actually do. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that somewhere between 50 and 70 million people suffer from some sort of sleep or wakefulness disorder. New research suggests that nearly 25% of all people in the United States suffer from insomnia. Finding the right kind of bed, or buying adjustible beds, may be a key to getting a better night’s rest,
Top Reasons Adjustible Beds Help People Sleep Better:
- They are great for people with acid reflux. Gastroenterologist (stomach doctors) often recommend patients who suffer from acid reflux or who have ulcers sleep with their head elevated slightly, This helps keep the acid from their stomachs from moving higher up and into their esophagus where it causes heart burn and discomfort. Keeping these problems at bay can help people sleep better. Adjustible beds are perfect for keeping a person’s head in the right position.
- They keep people in the right position to sleep. People who suffer from a variety of aches and pains can sleep more comfortably in adjustible beds. This is because they can keep them from rolling over in their sleep and into a painful position. Adjustable beds allow a wider distribution of a person’s weight during sleep. This prevents some areas from taking all of the pressure during the night and can reduce pain from that.
- Adjustible beds are more comfortable. When using a flat bed, people often try to change the way pressure is applied over their body while sleeping by using a lot of pillows. This can only do so much to increase a person’s comfort while sleeping. An adjustable bed mattress can be put in a better position without adding a ton of pillows that never actually create the desired effect.
- The can help you breathe better. When people use adjustable beds to change the way they are laying in bed, they can be put into a position that allows the lungs to open wider and get more air in, This is great for people suffering from any kind of congestion. When your body does not have to work as hard to get air in, the result is a better quality of sleep.
- People snore less in adjustible beds. By elevating the head, people with asthma or who snore can breathe better, This helps them sleep better. It also helps their partner sleep better as the noise from someone snoring is never great for anyone’s sleep.
- They decrease swelling. If a person suffers from any swelling in their lower legs, elevating them during the night is one great way to deal with it. Adustible beds can be great for keeping a person’s feet elevated to a point where this swelling is reduced or even eliminated.
They reduce insomnia. Many people toss and turn while they sleep. It seems almost impossible for these people to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Many will find relief from this problem with adjustable beds.
- They can reduce back pain and sciatica. People who have back problems and the accompanying sciatica can often find relief by using adjustable beds. When people sleep on their stomach this can make back pain and sciatica worse. The best positions for people with back pain and nerve pain is on their side or back. Adjustible beds make it easier to fall asleep in a better position to alleviate these conditions.
Sleep problems and insomnia are problems for many people. The real problem is that we think we can make up the sleep we do not get at a later point. Frequently missing sleep leaves us with sleep defcits than cannot be made up. Moreover, sleep loss and poor sleep quality do more than make us cranky during the day. They can lead to a plethora of health problems such as heart disease, strokes and diabetes. We are even more likely to gain weight or become obese when we do not get enough sleep.
For people with insomnia, buying more comfortable beds can help us get the sleep we crave without using drugs that can compromise our thinking during the day. This is a win-win for everyone.