This was the perfect day for the outdoor kitchen. After a freak snow storm in early October and a disastrous beginning to the local college football team season, this was the weekend when all of that changed. Just a few days before Halloween, the temperatures climbed into the upper 60s and your favorite football team finally won a game.
Outdoor kitchens can help home owners extend their living space. Depending on where you live, many of these outdoor kitchens, in fact, can be used just as often as the more traditional indoor spaces. By working closely with landscaping companies you can create outdoor fireplaces or outdoor kitchens that will function well and encourage your family to not only go outside, but to linger there as well. Outdoor living spaces continue to grow in popularity as more and more people want to find a way to remove themselves from work and technology and spend more time relaxing with people they love.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that Americans are making use of the spaces outside their homes:
- 60% of potential home buyers believe that a well landscaped yard will influence their home buying decisions.
- The landscaping industry in America generates an estimated $73 billion of revenue every year.
- Between 2009 and 2014, the U.S. landscaping industry has grown an estimated 3.7% a year.
- A quality landscaping job can increase the resale value of a building by as much as 14%.
- A recent landscaping study found there were 7% higher rental rates for commercial offices that have high-quality landscapes.
- 878,969 people are employed by the landscaping industry in America.
Finding a way to slow down the fast paced lives that we live is not always easy. With the addition of an outdoor kitchen and entertainment space, for instance, you can help create the place that you need to tell your friends and family to sit back and relax for a couple of evenings a week. The value of landscaping is that you can create a space that helps you not only enjoy the food cooked in an outdoor kitchen, but also the people who come to dine with you.