A new wave in home decor

Wall mounted bell

Each year, over 65 billion dollars on average is spent on home furnishings and decor. In the United States, over 80 billion dollars was spent in 2012. While there are a plethora of choices from color palette to theme, nautical home decor is an emerging trend that has taken the design world by storm. The coastal decoration trend has ignited the flame of change for many Americans. Only 20% of people feel happy with their current home decor, giving the other 80% of people the chance to be creative with the exploration of nautical decor.

Nautical decor can chase away the winter blues. The invigorating nature of nautical theme decor can provide a breath of fresh seaside air and provide beach living indoors. Even small decor changes can brighten one’s home. Whimsical colors and tones add an ambiance of relaxation, or island living. Coastal decorating trends include the use of nauticual anchors, rope, fishing accessories and other items associated with the ocean or sea. Nautical home decorations can include everything from pirate decor to a nautical wheel, and can capture one’s seaside dream.

The aging population purchase new decor in record numbers. It is estimated that 63% of people over 55 years of age have a tendency to buy completely new home decor in its entirety. Incorporating maritime symbols can be subtle or extreme, but makes each home unique nonetheless.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *