Did you know that you have options when the time comes to sell your home? Most sellers opt for full commission Realtors, taking passive roles in their home sales and relying on others to get the job done. But you aren’t most people, are you? Selling real estate is no time to start cutting corners, and the best way to make sure your sale goes smoothly is to jump in there with your broker and get your hands dirty.
By taking a more active role in your home sale and still getting help from an experienced professional, you set yourself up for success. Without going all the way to “for sale by owner,” you get to handle property appointments and stay involved in the process. It’s a win all the way around.
What Don’t Discount Real Estate Brokers Do?
Discount brokers don’t show properties, except to buyers who don’t have agents. Other than that, they pretty much function as full service Realtors. So, what CAN flat fee real estate brokers do? We’re glad you asked.
Most Discount Real Estate Brokers Can…
- Represent sellers for a reduced commission.
- Offer 1%-3% commissions to buyer’s Realtors.
- List your home on multiple MLS.
- Install posts and real estate signs on your property.
- Develop basic marketing strategies.
- Design full color flyers.
- List on important real estate sites like Realtor.com, Zillow, and Trulia.
- Respond to offers and negotiate terms of purchase.
- Provide and explain all necessary legal disclosures.
- Personally guide sellers through their entire escrows.
Working with discount real estate brokers gives you better control over the sale of your home, and allows you to keep a larger percentage of the price of your house. As long as you’re willing to do a little work and get your hands a little dirty, you might be a great fit for a discount broker. Do a little research to find one in your area. You’ll be glad you did!