Homes come in all shapes and sizes. You can go for a big home, a small condo, or a unique house. Whatever your preference, homes are available around the U.S. for a wide variety of prices. Contact a local realtor to see homes in your area. Here are the top 5 facts about buying a home.
1. To buy or to rent? According to 2016 data, it is 38% cheaper to buy a home than rent in most major U.S. cities. Imagine putting all that money you spend on rent into a home of your own. You can build up your equity and make your money work for you. Best of all, you can make your home your own with pictures and decor.
2. The search continues. Over half of all home buyers say the most difficult part of buying a home is finding the right property. There are so many options out there that it can seem overwhelming. But your property is out there somewhere, just continue to look for it.
3. There are properties out there. In 2015, over 500,000 homes were sold in the United States. This means there were over 500,000 buyers of houses. You could be next and your perfect home, the home to spend the rest of your life in, could be just around the corner.
4. It may be cheaper than you think. In March 2016, $186,000 was the average sale price for a home in the U.S. For those of you that thought home ownership was beyond your ability, it’s not. With an average price below $200,000, being a home owner is within your grasp.
5. Good schools matter. The local school district can affect the sale price by as much as 20%. If you live in a great school district, expect to see a better sale price. Schools matter to more than just our kids. That 20% difference in sale price can make all the difference in your next home purchase.
No matter what kind of homes you like, when looking at real estate a good realtor can guide the way. They can help you weed out what you want and what you don’t want. Don’t want the work of a yard? No problem, maybe condos are more your style. Want something with a lot of space? Maybe a large house is in your future. Whatever you are looking for, there is a home out there for you.